Dear cinnamon buns,
Worked some sick call today then we cleaned the clinic. The "official" word is that the clinic should be open for business on Thursday. I don't know if those in charge really know how much work is needed to get done before the clinic is actually operational though. It is in complete shambles right now, it's pretty bad. I'm surprised that patients walk in for sick call and still choose to be seen, I think I would turn right around. I saw one girl today that came in because her front crown was busted out. She came in yesterday and saw another doc who, according to the assistants, completely dismissed her and was going to have a removable flipper made for her (which don't really look that nice, are a burden to wear, break all the time, etc). She was a patient I had seen before and extracted a tooth and she was happy saying I did a good job. So when I told her I could put the original tooth back and not have a flipper I though I was really doing her a favor that she would really appreciate. So after putting a post in the tooth and boring out the crown and being, i thought, pretty handy and infinitive, I cemented the crown like before and she went off crying. It was so weird. I was like "ta da!" and she was like "boo hoo". I guess the crown (which was broken off completely) didn't sit exactly as it was (but I adjusted it and it was literally about 1/10th of a mm off but that's to be expected when you are estimating a completely fractured off tooth, and I adjusted it anyways), and she was pretty jumpy when I numbed her and the tooth got stuck with the partial cementing process for a moment that she complained was uncomfortable but those things I just can't do anything about. Anyways, it was so disconnected it bothered me for the day. I guess she came in crying yesterday to and maybe where I failed is I didn't sell her on what I was doing and why it was so much better than the alternative and she was also just anxious and overwhelmed that her tooth was broken and I could maybe have reassured her better (though I thought I did) that all is not lost and it can and will get fixed.
Ok, long story on that. I started crossfit today. I was super nervous but someone from church was there and that was nice. A couple people from my intro class were there too. It was fun but maybe I still need to get used to it more. The work out portion or WOD was so short, of course it was super hard 12 minutes but I don't feel like I got tons of work done in just 12 minutes. I found my 1RM for shoulder press to be 145lb. But it was fun getting to compare I guess and everyone is like what did you get and if they don't say anything back that means they beat the crap out of you and don't want you to feel bad. But those that got less are like "oh good job, I got blah". So overall it is positive. Lots of positive vibes. Though I think the Clean and jerk did something to my elbow. I'm going to have to watch it a bit.
It's the Marine Corp's birthday so we had surf and turf for dinner!
I'm reading the playful parenting book I bought a long time ago and didn't finish. I love the take it has on parenting. Seeing the world from kids perspective is critical to help them navigate life. Giving them freedom to explore in a safe environment is also important. Also allowing them to express their own feelings and ideas without criticizing them is also key. I remember how Preston caught hold of that "YOU!" game with the missionaries. That was because to him it is funny when someone that is an adult mirrors what he is doing. He laughs when Adrien dances when he pushes play because (in part) he has control over an older person. Allowing them to be them and to reenact the real world in their pretend settings gives them the practice at handling situations and decisions that might come up later. Anyways, you'll be hearing more from me about playful parenting I'm sure. So the two books I've read so far on parenting: positive reinforcement with consistency (like using point charts or other methods to make rewards consistent), and playful parenting.
I think my creative brain is melting because we just don't do too many creative things here. You got snow but we got some sand that blew in today. Been pretty warm. Tried to build a sand man. Kinda just turned into sand. Through some sand balls, a few people ran around covering their eyes. I think they were confused with peek a boo. Easy mistake. I would go sledding, but they don't sell sleds here. If you try to make a sand angel, just beware of the sand that gets in your shorts. Sand doesn't melt, just seems to stay there.
Have you had a conversation with a naked dude? I guess you have but I haven't really until today. Just thought it was funny when coming out of the shower and a dude just strikes up a conversation while we are standing there (I go for the towel wrap method but this guy went with the I will continue to dry everywhere while I talk to you method).
I don't like when there are 15 urinals all empty and someone comes and pees in the one right next to me.
Same principle applies to exercise equipment. I want to exercise in peace and not have you stand right beside me. I thought it would be cool to get a six pack before I get home but this little belly fat likes me. Can't seem to shake it - well actually I can shake it very well.
It's past my bed time, this should take you a while to read and keep you busy.
If I had super powers of digging like a worm through the earth, I would bore my way to your yard.
OK, your'e hot
what?
yawn.
I love you,
I love you I love you I love IloveyouIloveyouIloveyouILOVEYOUUUUUUUUUUU!
yikes
I don't actually know how to stop this letter
like seriously how does one transition this into a legit closing?
To legit to quit!! That's how.... boom
Done,
The Man
P.S. I just reread some of this letter and some how it made me start to laugh. If this happens to you, that's fine. I stopped breathing that was actually more of an issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.