Well that was a long weekend away. It is nice to be home and to have a computer to write to you. It is late but I am going to let you know what is on my mind at the moment and all that good stuff.
I just got back from lethbridge with mom. Adrien called at 11:30 saying her car was dead and she was at Mcdonalds. No one had any idea she was in Lethbridge, she was supposed to be studying at a friends house and completely lied to mom about it all. Anyway, It is interesting to be on the adult side of all this. It is so frustrating and disappointing that she can be so untrustworthy. It is funny because she complains all the time that mom doesn't trust her and that she has no freedom. I am all into love and logic and think they should take that approach to it by having her pay for all the repairs and the tow and all that but i'm not sure they are on board with my thinking. It is hard being a parent. Adrien shows no remorse other then being sorry she got caught. She knows exactly what to say and all that but she had her own agenda.
I am terrified to have teenagers. I know I did many similar things in high school and I know these are lessons that need to be learned but it is so frustrating at the same time. I definitely snuck around and didn't always tell the truth but I feel like I am not one to push too many boundaries. It is just my nature to be afraid of everything. I am curious how Ava is going to be as a teenager. She seems the most flow with the wind of all our kids and I can't always predict what she will do. She is also my wanderer and just wants to do something so she does it. I hope we are able to teach them young to choose the right and to keep the commandments. How much easier their lives will be if they follow those guidelines. I want them to be happy.
Well Izaac has been a handful and even when he is in a good mood is super loud and obnoxious. He is in everyones faces and jumping and throwing everything around. It is exhausting because Ava and Preston quickly follow suit and in a tiny house it sure can get cayotic in a hurry.
I am trying to remain patient, to pull into play all those parenting techniques and tricks that we have learned and talked about. I am trying to let the Spirit guide me into not screwing them up too badly. I have no idea if it is working but I am sure thankful for bedtime at the end of the day. I do love that little stinker though. I just wish he made it easier to show him how much we love him. I know you are thinking that I need to play with him more and you would be right. I need more positive interaction with each of our kids. especially the older two.
SO that will be my goal.
1) Say yes to the kids as often as possible
2) Find ways to laugh with them
3) Serve them as much as possible
4) as little TV as possible
I really should be heading to bed if I want to be functional in the morning so I guess I will end there. I apologize it wasn't fun and exciting play by play of our weekend but really I have already told you everything about it and my brain is stuck on other things.
I love you so much. I feel like you may get bored of me saying the same thing over and over again but I just can't get over how much I love you and I wish there was a more exciting way to put it but I simply love you and that is as exciting in itself.
I know you love me too. I have no doubts that you are fully committed to me and our kids. I treasure our relationship and I hope one day our kids find someone who helps them be as happy as we are together.
You know, I'm so stuck on being boring and self conscious that I'm not fun or exciting enough but now that you mention it, love is more than being entertained, it's seeing past that entertainment and the facade and seeing the potential in another. I'm grateful that you can see past that in me and love me for what I can be. I do the same for you. And that potential in neither of us can be met with out each other.
ReplyDeleteI suppose the same principle goes with our children or anybody. Being able to see a person for what they can become and loving them for that, and not the natural, temporal cover that hides it is a great gift.
Anyways, I love you.