Thursday, November 12, 2015

Most epic return ever

My vision of our reunion goes something like this.

You are waiting in a field...of clovers The kids are rolling around in the grass wearing British sport jackets and long socks. Suddenly the grass blows and everyone looks up, the kids scream daddy and you gather them together like chicks under your wings. A hellicopter hovers over and out repels me...no!... from way in the sky some one spots an object as it gradually gets bigger, some fireworks shoot off and a band emerges from behind. Gradually I float down to the ground in my parachute wearing aviator glasses and my ACU's and my mustache waving in the wind...

Okay, for real. The way I see our reunion goes something like: You are looking ravishing in the airport with maybe some light lipstick, I don't know but that's not important. Maybe one of the kids is holding a cool sign. I come out of the terminal and the kids all yell for me and run to me and I get down low with arms open to receive them all as they pile into my arms. I give them all a group hug and squish them until one of them wants to be let go then give them each a big kiss and individual hug. Perhaps one of them is shy and I have to chase them down until I get a hug and tell them I love them. You stand just behind them longingly and I look up to meet your eyes. I stand up and you come at me and jump into my arms. I catch you and twirl you as we lock lips and kiss for, what the kids will forever tell stories about, 10 years. I put you down and we say something super funny that causes us to all laugh and we continue to stare into each other's eyes. I pull our of my pack something for everybody and give it to them. Yours is a surprise! I pick up one of our children and stick them on my shoulders as we hold hands and begin walking home. When we get far enough out, we can even skip. Ot maybe run. To celebrate, it may be fun to go out for dinner before coming home but then a nice home cooked meal would be a real treat as well. I don't want to delay getting home too much! Maybe it would be fun to even stay at a hotel for that night? Depends what time I fly in. Then the rest is, well, not included in this letter.

However it happens, I hope you and all of our children know and feel that I am and will be ever so grateful to be with you again and am filled to overflowing with love and appreciation for each of you. That i want to be with you and missed being away and look forward to being together forever. I hope that it will be a simple reunion where our love is the focus and joy is felt be all.

And however that happens, it will be epic. Because we are epic.

I love you and I can't say that enough or well enough or convey its heartfelt sincerity clearly enough but just to say again, I love you. I'm truly blessed to have you in my life. Our children are such great examples to me and I am blessed to be allowed to be called their father.

I hope you enjoy your time with my parents. You are such a trooper and so brave to hang out with my family alone. I think since we have been married you have probably had more time alone with my family then I have. I love you value family in every sense of the word and I hope to emulate your deep regard for the family. Family is everything! I'm still learning from you in this.

Elder Hammond said before we were married that you were over my head! He is right even to this day. I married over my head. You are superior in every way. I am in awe of you and who you are and want to emulate you and am lifted up by you. I can't believe that you would put up with somebody so less advanced as me but I will not complain! I'm trying to catch up, someday I'll get there but probably not in this life. I'm grateful that we have more than just this life together to look forward to. Our love brings me so much joy, peace, and confidence, I can't imagine what our love made perfect will be like in the lifer here after. We have lots to look forward to and have had great moments already. I will always stay true to you and the future we have covenanted to stay on course for.

I just can't say it enough. I love you!!!

You're Best admirer and friend,

Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.